Here at MUTTS, 2016 was a year full of transition, buzz, and collaboration. We welcomed fresh, smiling faces to the team, and wished an old pal a fond farewell as she set off to explore a new career path. Amongst ourselves, we’ve shared lots of creative ideas, inside jokes, celebratory messages, and words of encouragement.
We hope some of these good vibes have spilled over into your world, because you’ve certainly made our lives brighter this year. We appreciate your kind comments, your sentimental emails, and the great work that many of you do for animals in your local communities. We have exciting things planned for the next 12 months, and we’re truly thankful to have such a supportive community of MUTTS lovers to accompany us along the journey.
To honor the arrival of the new year, a few members of Team MUTTS volunteered to share their personal resolutions for 2017:
Ali Datko | Writer and Content Strategist at MUTTS
- Improve my videography skills.
- Read more books.
- Make time for personal, just-for-fun writing projects.
- Continue to improve my cooking skills, and become more knowledgeable about different cuisines.
- Take a solo road trip.
- Make some new, interesting mistakes.
Dany Petraska | A Little Bit of Everything at MUTTS
- Be authentic.
- Eat food that makes me feel good.
- Become a great (better) rower.
- Get strong again, and quit breaking bones! More yoga, pilates, weights, walking, running, and hiking.
- Spend more time being active with Stella (pictured).
- Finish what I start.
- Create beautiful things that make me happy.
Gayathri Colundalur | All Things Code at MUTTS
- Go to the gym every day.
- Read with the kids every night.
- Remember that less is more.
- Smile more!
- Do good, feel good.
- Welcome home an “Earl” and a “Mooch” this March!!
Karen O’Connell | MUTTS Generalist
- Do more for animals.
- Eat more greens and beans.
- Keep the big picture in mind.
- Remember to find joy every day.
Nikki Tramontana | Designer at MUTTS
- Create something new each day (even if it’s just a quick doodle in my sketch book)!
- Take part in Veganuary, and challenge myself to cook at home more often.
- Explore new places.
- Go on a hike at least once per month.
Veronica Jancuk | Creative, Marketing, and Project Wrangler at MUTTS
- Travel more, and seek new experiences. (Maybe a solo trip—Morocco?!)
- Start attending a weekly yoga class.
- Improve my photography skills (and make a side hustle out of it).
- Continue to improve my lifestyle and eating habits by supporting more small businesses, buying local and organic ingredients, and cooking at home as much as possible.
Here’s to a terrific year in 2016, and to an even better one in 2017! Happy New Year to all.
Want to share your own New Year’s resolutions? Leave a comment below or head over to our Facebook page to join the conversation! To receive updates about all MUTTS news, head over to our homepage and sign up for our daily email list!