It’s Meatless Monday at MUTTS! Today, we’re sharing a simple, savory recipe that makes a great power lunch or a refreshing dinner. (It also happens to look mighty attractive once it’s all put together!)
Want to learn more about the Meatless Monday movement? Check out this handy guide from the Humane Society of the United States.
OZZIE’S TANGY BURRITO BOWL
- 1/3 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup edamame
- 1/3 cup diced red peppers
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 4 sprigs of freshly washed cilantro
- 2-3 lime wedges
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice
- Add beans and rice to a serving bowl. Mix gently if you’d like.
- Add the veggies (edamame and diced red peppers).
- Add the sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle cilantro leaves over the mixture.
- Squeeze juice from the lime wedges over the mixture. (Start with one wedge, and add more to taste.)
- Drizzle with Sriracha (1 tablespoon is recommended, but use more/less depending on how much spice you prefer.)
- Dig in!
Notes: All measurements are approximate. Feel free to vary the amounts (or experiment with additional seasonings) according to your personal taste buds. Enjoy!
Want to stay updated about all MUTTS news? Visit our homepage to sign up for our email list, and get the daily MUTTS strip delivered directly to your inbox!